Monday, October 17, 2011

The Innovative Educator Blog, 2nd Visit

iPad Literacy Program Increases Reading & Writing Ability

In this blog entry, Lisa discusses a new educational platform called Footsteps2Brilliance that uses a gaming approach to teach young children reading and writing. I like the idea of integrating technology to the educational process of children at a very young age. It is certainly more fun to the students, therefore proving them with more incentives to learn. Lisa also mentions the fact the children will have the option of reading stories with animation, or have the story read to them, which I also find helpful.

I don't like however the fact that this program is device specific, and being offered only on an iPad. I believe such solutions should be offered on a more open platform that will enable wider adoption of such programs. 

3 comments:

  1. I did leave Lisa a comment asking her about her thoughts of this program being specific to the iPad, and I'm really interested in learning what she has to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did . She pointed that this program is working best with devices with touch screen like the ipad as it is more attractive for younger children to use.

    ReplyDelete